Wick Exploration Well
Corallian Energy Limited / Fraser Well Management Limited
Moray Firth (Scottish Territorial Waters)
Scope of Work
Orbis provided environmental regulatory and permitting support to Corallian Energy (operator of Licence P2235) and Fraser Well Management (Well Operator) for the Wick exploration well located in UKCS Block 11/24b in the Moray Firth.
Due to the location of the well in Scottish territorial waters, approximately 200m from the boundary of a Special Protection Area, extensive stakeholder engagement was required. In particular, Orbis facilitated several meetings with OPRED and SEPA to determine the proposed permitting route as the Offshore Chemicals Regulations 2002 (as amended) and Energy Act 2008 do not apply within Scottish coastal waters.
Orbis’ scope of work for this project included:
- Regulatory compliance plan for the proposed drilling operations
- Drafting the scope of work for the habitat assessment and environmental baseline survey
- Environmental Statement
- PETS applications for the site survey and drilling operations
- Onshore Oil Pollution Emergency Plan (OPEP), Temporary Operations OPEP and Shoreline Response Plan
- Participation in a formal SOSREP exercise
- CAR Licence application under the Water Environment (Controlled Activities) (Scotland) Regulations 2011 (as amended) to permit marine discharges
All permits and consents were successfully obtained and the well was spud at the end of 2018.
Orbis Energy Limited Company Registration Number: 07586051